The Application Process
Non-Refundable Application Fee is Required
($35.00 PER ADULT 18 & OVER)
Very often we receive multiple applications for the same property, and those applications are screened and scored against other applications received within the same time frame. The properties listed on our website are currently available, although other applications may have been submitted by other applicants prior to yours and are being processed. But please note that many applications are not approved and our company has a contractual obligation to the property's owner to keep their rental listed on our website until an approved application is received. For example, it is VERY possible that you could submit your application on a specific property now and while your application is being processed another applicant that submitted his/her application prior to your submission could be approved, thereby changing the status of the property to unavailable. If this scenario happens and your application is still being considered, then you will have up to thirty (30) days to transfer your application to another property. If you find an alternate property with a higher monthly rent then your income-to-rent ratio will be re-evaluated to ensure you are still approved. Additional applications will continue to be accepted until the application has been approved. Applications will be denied if falsified. You must view the property before your application will be accepted. If you are unable to view the property in person, please contact your Rent Builder Representative for other options. NOTE: Even though cosigners are mentioned in our online application, we do not accept cosigners. A minimum credit score will be required for all properties.
CREDIT AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE ELECTRONICALLY PROCESSED BY OUR NATIONWIDE SCREENING PARTNER IMMEDIATELY UPON PAYMENT AND SUBMISSION; THEREFORE, APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
If you have any questions regarding our review/screening process and/or the overall application process, we recommend you contact us BEFORE submitting your on-line application. You can contact us during business hours (M-F, 9 am-4 pm MST) at 505-695-7114 or email: info@RentBuilderPM.com Thank you!
The following items are required from ALL potential adult residents:
- A completed application. (All adult occupants must complete an application)
- A $35.00 non-refundable application fee per adult applicant listed on the application.
- If you have a pet, there will be an additional nonrefundable pet fee, plus there may be an additional application charge which is administered by a third-party pet screening tool.
- Income Verification, a complete list of acceptable documentation is listed on the income portion of the application.
- A copy of a valid driver's license or photo ID from each adult applicant.
- In addition to the above items, we recommend contacting your current landlord or property manager (if you are renting) to notify them that Rent Builder Property Management will be in touch for a rental reference.
The following are some of the items that could cause your application to be denied:
- Lack of proper rental references or history
- Open/Active Bankruptcies, that have not been dismissed and/or discharged
- Balance owed to another landlord or property
- No credit score or a credit score under 650
- Verifiable income level of less than 3 times the monthly rental rate
- Eviction from another landlord within the past 7 years
- Criminal Convictions (In compliance with all applicable fair housing laws)
The Rent Builder Resident Benefits Package (RBP) delivers savings and convenient, professional services which make taking care of your home second nature. By applying, applicant agrees to be enrolled and to pay the applicable cost payable with rent. Our RBP may include, subject to property mechanicals or other limitations.
NOTE: The total monthly cost of the Resident Benefits Package is all inclusive, and no discounts will be given if any element of the package is unavailable due to a limitation at a specific property.
Visit the Rental Search page. You will then see the list of properties available for rent.
Select the property you wish to view. Important; You must view the property prior to applying. We will not process your application if you have not viewed the property. If you are out of state and cannot view the property there are other options. Contact our office for more information.
Select the link under “SCHEDULE YOUR SHOWING TODAY” to enter the property yourself using our automated system or call (505) 892-4400 to schedule a showing with one of our agents.
Visit the property using our automated system. If you are entering the property yourself, we ask that you please make sure the property is locked, the lights are off and the key is returned to the electronic lock box. (Properties are inspected every day so be courteous).
If you wish to apply, go back to the Homes For Rent list, find the property you wish to apply for, and select the "Apply Now" button. Follow the instructions to complete your application. Remember, every person 18 years of age or older must submit a separate application. This applies to married couples as well. include as much documentation as possible for faster processing. A minimum credit score will apply to all applications. Most properties will normally require a 650 minimum credit score. But the minimum may be higher for the property you are applying for. Contact your Rent Builder Representative for details. Applications with bankruptcies and evictions will normally be declined. Applications are taken in the order they are received. We recommend that you read our rental policies and procedures prior to submitting your application.